Re: debootstrapping and sysvinit

On 2003-07-01T07:49:20+0000 (Tuesday), Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

> In article <20030630151057.GB6005@home.ydal.de>,
> Tobias Wolter  <towo@ydal.de> wrote:
> > On 2003-06-29T12:40:56+0000 (Sunday), Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> >> Yes, NMUing essential packages without bothering to contact the
> >> maintainer is cooperation at work. NOT.
> > Between pissing off a maintainer and leaving a not-so-insignificant
> > part of Debian quite utterly broken, I'd go for the former.

> We're talking about unstable here.

We're also taking about automated package builders who've been broke here.

> Read the developers reference,
> http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-pkgs.en.html
> paragraph 5.11.3, under
> 	Uploading bug fixes to unstable by non-maintainers should
                                                           ^^^^^^
> 	only be done by following this protocol:
> Now, did the NMU follow the rules in the developers reference ?

No. From my point of view, it's an acceptable step out of bounds.

I still haven't seen any bugfix from you. How about you go stop
ranting about being treated unfair and DOING YOUR WORK?

-towo
--
We're Germans and we use Unix. That's a combination of two demographic
groups known to have no sense of humour whatsoever.