Re: EPSON appreciates your feedback by June 30, '03 - Debian

Dear Julien,

Thank you for responding to my email.  We understand the existing issues
which you have explained below and to make this more clear is that EPSON
Kowa handles the License agreement.  We have nothing to do with the
licensing agreement for the Image Scan! for Linux.  We're sure that there
are reasons behind it since Linux is an open source.  However, if you are
still interested and would like to discuss this further, please contact
EPSON Kowa directly.  We appreciate if you could cc: us on the communication
between yourself and EPSON Kowa.  It is indeed a pleasure getting to know
you and please feel free to contact me at anytime.  We will do our best to
help.

http://www.epkowa.co.jp/english/linux_e/lsd_dwn_e.html
You may use the software subject to the three licenses below depending on
configured module.

    GNU General Public License
    GNU Lesser General Public License
    EPSON KOWA Public License