Re: EPSON appreciates your feedback by June 30, '03 - Debian

Hi Farideh,

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 04:15:25PM -0700, Farideh Sherbaf wrote:
> Please allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Farideh Sherbaf and I
> am your contact for EPSON Worldwide Developer Relations for scanners
> and All-In-One (Multifunction) products.   The EPSON Developer
> Relations Group would like to obtain your feedback on your support of
> scanners in the Linux environment.

Let me add to Juliens opinion a note from a user of those scanner tools:
I own an Epson 1640SU scanner with automatic document feeder. And it
is really great to have it supported by Linux. With the scanimage tool
we wrote a script to scan our lecture notes and generate PDF files in no
time - something we failed to implement with *cough* Windows.

It really helps to have them archived in binary form instead of paper so
a big thank you for making it possible by at least providing development
information for your hardware.

Greetings

	Torsten