Re: Autobuild time-saving proposal

On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 01:53:25PM -0400, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> On Saturday, Jun 14, 2003, at 11:52 US/Eastern, christophe barbe wrote:
> >
> >Unlike you, I am convinced that all dd tests their packages before
> >uploading them.
>
> Sometimes people do what they think is a simple fix without testing,
> and we hear about it on -devel or the next changelog entry. Check the
> -devel archives, there have been flamewars.

I fully agree. Sometimes a broken upload is done. And a basic testing of
the package on autobuilt archs would easily catch that.
What I would like to achive is a kind of regression testing at the
packaging level.

> >I guess you use an x86 computer.
>
> As well as PowerPC, MIPS, and M68K, yes. I agree things can go wrong on
> other architectures, like a library failing to build, and still have
> the deb be generated. It's fairly uncommon, I hope.

Thanks. Yes it's uncommon but happen and is easy to catch.

Christophe

Cats seem go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask for
what you want. --Joseph Wood Krutch