Re: Every spam is sacred: tagging mails because of their content or their supposed origin?

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003, Mathieu Roy wrote:

> Even worse. I got a cable connection with an IP that change rarely,
> several times in a month. I use my local SMTP, not my ISP one (don't
> wanna be bothered with the ISP discontinuously working services).
> If a user of my ISP run an misconfigured SMTP, as open-relay, a IP that
> belong to my ISP will be blocked.
> A month a ago, I may get myself this blocked IP (given by a
> dhcpd)... I let  you imagine the next step.

This is the next step: You go to http://dsbl.org/removalquery and ask
for your IP to be delisted. Then they send you a mail to root,
postmaster or abuse at your machine. This mail contains a cookie or a
special URL to click on it. You then reply to this mail or click in
the URL they give you, and you are out of the list.

Good and bad DNSBLs are different not only in their listing policies but
also in how easy or difficult is to get delisted when you are "innocent".