Package Lists and Size

hi,

Would it be possible to provide .diff's of the Package Lists on the
Package Server ? I've a notation that it would be practical for the
Users with lower Bandwith connections, such as ISDN Users. I think it is
bugging if you always have to download the full size Package Lists, that
are about 2 MB of size, just because the Information of a few Packages
changed.

So, i think if there .diff's exist, maybe apt-get can patch the
Changes into the files on the client, or a small wrapper arround
apt-get can do this..

If there already Solutions, i'm sorry.

bye,
    - michael