Re: Every spam is sacred

Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> a tapoté :

> > If you cut the phone-line the telemarketer is using because you think
> > he is doing a nasty job, yes.
>
> Is there something about the initials "M. R." that leads to a reduced
> capacity for rational thought?

Can't you keep focused on the subject? Think about what you wrote here
and ask to yourself if this kind of sentence can bring something
useful to the thread.

> You think that Debian's mailservers are
> paid for by the spammers who dump garbage on our lists,

No.

> and that by blocking their access to the Debian servers, we're
> destroying property that belongs to them?

Reread the thread. We were talking about blocking access to
_everyone_, not "spammer who dump garbage" but people explicitely
called innoncent, that have an ISP with a boring policy about spam.

> > > You seem to be missing a fundamental distinction between murder
> > > and refusal to communicate: 1) You have a right to live 2) You
> > > have no right to communicate with me against my wishes.
> > > Further, I have a right to refuse to communicate with you.
>
> > Your 2 is off-topic.
>
> > We're a speaking of a general policy, a system-wide policy, not an
> > individual policy.
>
> 2) You have no right to communicate with Debian against Debian's wishes.
>    Further, Debian has a right to refuse to communicate with you.

Replace "you" (an identified person) by "everyone who have the ISP
XX" (a group of person with only one common thing, that not everybody
will think proeminent).

I would interested to see you can reach a consensus between Debian
Developers with this sentence.

        Users of ISP XXX have no right to communicate with Debian
        against Debian's wishes. Further, Debian has a right to refuse
        to communicate with users of ISP XXX.

As AOL in the past was careless about spam (abuse@aol -> /dev/null),
it would mean for example that Debian would refuses communicating with
AOL users...

> I'm just saying that your arguments are
> deranged.

What a demonstration.

Blocking mails depending on the ISP people are using seems a lot less
clever than filtering mail by testing their content despite the fact
that the second option consume surely more resources in CPU time..

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org