Re: help: disabling relinking stupidity in libtool

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 06:30:09PM +0100, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> Is libtool picking up the OLD (/usr/lib) version of the library, rather
> than the version in DESTDIR, and relinking the application with it (and
> that old version's dependant library)?
>
> It's a libtool feature[0].
>
> I have a proposed-fix for this, will throw it your way as soon as I've
> caught up with the recent libtool bugs.
>
> Scott
>
> [0] of the "brain dead" definition[1]
> [1] libtool, see "brain dead" (hello Steve :-)

This sound exactly like what i am experiencing and complaining about,
but then, it will be the libgtop2 maintainer's call to solve this, i
hackishly fixed the problem with libgtop2 as nobody seemed to care and
the maintainer was busy, but i wont touch libtool stuff even with a
10feet pole again.

Friendly,

Sven Luther