Re: booting a debootstraped filesystem?

On Monday 09 June 2003 04:17, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> Usually, the easiest way to do it is to use con=xterm, where each virtual
> console comes up in its own xterm.  If you're not running under X, the next
> best thing is to use con=pts, where you will see similar messages on the
> console indicating that a pty has been assigned to those virtual consoles,
> and you can use screen(1) to attach to them, for example:
>
> screen /dev/pts/10

Thanks for that! Unfortunately i'm still not able to boot :-(
I am able to boot your Debian_Woody filesystem, so i tried this:

[root] mount Debian_Woody /mnt/ -o loop
[user] linux rootflags=/mnt/ rootfstype=hostfs rw

Now i get the same error:

[...]
| VFS: Mounted root (hostfs filesystem).
| Warning: unable to open an initial console.

This is the last output, no login (with con=xterm, another xterm pops up, but
same result: no login)

Regards
Henning