Re: Gaim-Encryption plugin violates Gaim's license#

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 15:28, Robert McQueen wrote:
> My concern is that even if you distribute
> in source form, you're still condoning ignoring part of Gaim's license,
> which seems highly dubious.

GPL 2(c) contains the modifications must be GPL'd requirement. It only
applies to "any work that you distribute or publish."

Section 3 contains the source distribution requirement. It only concerns
copying and distributing.

If I build gaim-encryption on my own machine, and don't give copies to
others, I am not required to license it under the terms of the GPL (or
at all, for that matter).