Re: Managing package sources with subversion?

Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 01:47:28AM +1200, Carey Evans wrote:
[...]
 > % svn ls file:///home/repos/debian/tn5250/vendor
 > 0.16.5/
 > current/

 what's current? (in the context of svn, it's obvious that current is
 the current upstream version)

I've set this up as a vendor branch as described in the SVN book:

  http://svnbook.red-bean.com/html-chunk/ch06s04.html

Reading it again, I see that their description is for only part of the main code, not all of it, though.

 I see you have only one upstream version.  Any experience with
 importing and/or merging new upstream sources?

No; there hasn't been an upstream release since I imported this into Subversion, and I haven't tested it with previous versions. The procedure described in the book looks straightforward: use svn_load_dirs to update a checked-out current, or do it manually, tag it by copying vendor/current to vendor/<upstream>, and use svn merge to copy the new changes from vendor/<upstream> into trunk.

--
"Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn and quoted."
        -- Fred Allen