Re: Debian menu system update

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 12:24:34PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 11:08:00PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> > > I have read it, and I have still difficulty to understand its
> > > full implication.
> >
> > The implication is basically that we use it as the format of our menu
> > database (instead of /usr/lib/menu), and convert the menu-methods to
> > taking that information and translating it to legacy formats such as the
> > fvwm menu system.
>
> How GNOME and KDE will honor menu configuration in /etc/menu,
> /etc/menu-method/menu.h, ~/.menu and ~/.menu-method/menu.h with your
> scheme ?

As I understand it, those would go away entirely. All menu entries would
be in /usr/share/applications, or $HOME/.local/share/applications as per
desktop menu specification. The menu's themselves would go into
/etc/xdg/menus, or $HOME/.config/menus/ (If I have read the basedir and
menu specs correctly).

Chris