Re: Debian menu system update

On Sat, May 31, 2003 at 06:54:46PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-05-31 at 17:52, Bill Allombert wrote:
>
> > > http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200305/msg02071.html
> >
> > Could you be so kind as to summarize thoses concerns ?
>
> The message above is fairly concise, I think.  But I can basically sum
> it up as:
>
> I don't see the advantages (besides inertia) of continuing to develop a
> Debian-specific menu system, when the rest of the world is moving to the
> freedesktop.org standard.  Implementing the freedesktop.org standard
> gives us a number of things, in particular i18n and significantly less
> maintenance burden on Debian developers.

This is more an opinion than a concern.

I have already answered about i18n. I am not sure about the maintenance
burden on Debian developers.

Is there stand-alone implementation of this standard ?

I have read it, and I have still difficulty to understand its
full implication.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>