Re: Packages file under version control

Cameron Patrick <cameron@patrick.wattle.id.au> writes:
> I suspect that for anyone running unstable the Packages.gz and
> Sources.gz files will be the tip of the iceberg.
>
> For anyone running stable, the Packages.gz files rarely change and so
> apt-get update will not normally bother to download them again.

Try testing.

Obviously sometimes there are big packages to download, but often there
are not, and Packages.gz is the huge bulk of what's transferred
(and you can always put that new release of X on hold while you
download smaller stuff).

-Miles
--
"Though they may have different meanings, the cries of 'Yeeeee-haw!' and
 'Allahu akbar!' are, in spirit, not actually all that different."