Re: Debian menu system update

Em Mon, 2 Jun 2003 12:23:55 +0200, "Bernhard R. Link" <blink@informatik.uni-freiburg.de> escreveu:

> > > Does this mean there simply is no such documentation?
> >
> > I think it's pretty clear how it should be done.  Once we adopt the
> > system, we can point system administrators to the relevant file in our
> > documentation, and give pointers to the file format.
>
> I think there should first be a documentation. Anything I've seen yet

That's a matter of writing the docs... I, for one, documented the
current menu system on a document I wrote for Debian-BR.

I'm more than willing to write documentation for the freedesktop
format. I'm all for its adoption! Go Walters! Go! =D

> [4] I know, when I tell I badly need exactly the same looking
>     menu in a miriad of window managers with as many items that
>     the debian-menu-hirachy is on its limit, I will get answers
>     like "KDE-programs should not be shown in Gnome" and "non-KDE
>     programs are nothing newbie users can cope with in KDE" and
>     other opinions, people invented by thinking on their single
>     -user machine what newbies might want or what administrators
>     coping with many newbies might want.

We can write stuff to support various kinds of menu layout.
That's not a great problem for now, I think. First we get a
nice, standardized menu system, then we write some configuration
tools and create the "vfolders" the way we want.

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>
Debian: <http://www.debian.org>  *  <http://www.debian-br.org>