Re: Changelog issues with (among others) tkdiff 1:3.08-4

Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au> writes:

> Brian Nelson <pyro@debian.org> wrote:
>>
>> Issues that lintian reports are, in most cases, bugs.  Bugs that you
>> have fixed should be explicitly described in the changelog.  After all,
>> lintian reports many different types of bugs; how can we guess which bug
>> is the one that applies in this case?
>
> He could've choosen to not list that in the changelog at all.  Then you
> wouldn't even know about it.

True, and for some of the really minor stuff lintian complains about, it
probably isn't even worth mentioning in the changelog.

> Seriously, please find something more productive to do than making
> these never-ending complaints about changelog entries.  It might've
> been fun for the first few times but it's getting really boring now.

Well, I'm trying not to rehash old complaints (at least when I Cc d-d)
because anyone that's paying attention has already heard them before.  I
thought this was an interesting case though, because at first at seemed
like a valid entry, but when I thought about it for a second, a dim
light flickered and I realized it really could referring to any kind of
bug.

I really enjoy reading a well-written changelog (and I'm subscribed to
d-d-changes so I tend to read them all), so I'm interested in improving
the quality of ones that aren't quite up-to-par.  If there's a consensus
that it's futile or pointless effort, I'll readily stop.

--
Poems... always a sign of pretentious inner turmoil.