Re: Changelog issues with (among others) tkdiff 1:3.08-4

Brian Nelson <pyro@debian.org> wrote:

> Adrian Bridgett <bridgett@debian.org> writes:
>
>> Changes:
>>  tkdiff (1:3.08-4) unstable; urgency=low
>>  .
>>    * lintian fixes
>
> Issues that lintian reports are, in most cases, bugs.  Bugs that you
> have fixed should be explicitly described in the changelog.  After all,
> lintian reports many different types of bugs; how can we guess which bug
> is the one that applies in this case?

He could've choosen to not list that in the changelog at all.  Then you
wouldn't even know about it.

Seriously, please find something more productive to do than making
these never-ending complaints about changelog entries.  It might've
been fun for the first few times but it's getting really boring now.