Re: Accepted bwidget 1.6.0-1 (all source)

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 08:39:50AM -0700, Brian Nelson wrote:
> > Perhaps a separate, concise message to debian-devel-announce?
>
> I doubt it would help.  I see changelog abuse as an act of laziness, not
> ignorance.  Common sense says that you should be listing changes in the
> changelog.  It's not like there aren't plenty examples of changelogs, as
> well as discussions on IRC and mailing lists, and a lengthy dissertation
> in the Developer's Reference.
>
> If a few particular maintainers are going to ignore all of the examples
> of proper changelog use, why should a message to debian-devel-announce
> help?  They'll just ignore that too.

Actually, they might not. The developers' reference section on that is
fairly new, so not all people may have seen it. Reminding them via -d-a
wouldn't quite be as effective as shoving it down their throats :) but
I'm sure it would help a lot of people.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.