Re: Help wanted for packaging postgresql application

On Sun, May 25, 2003 at 09:56:04PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> The bootstrap routine creates a postgres user where the user is
> asked for a password.  I would like to ask via debconf for the
> password.  Is there any method to access the debconf database with
> Python?  Currently I have the plan to use a shell procedure to
You could execute the following commands via os.system
 /usr/share/debconf/frontend '. /usr/share/debconf/confmodule 	\
 	&& db_get bla-blup/my_secret_passwd			\
	&& db_stop && echo $RET >/tmp/bla'
where /tmp/bla is either a temporary file or a named pipe. Not nice but
should work, you'll have to make sure you create /tmp/bla in a secure
manner though.
 -- Guido