Re: Help wanted for packaging postgresql application

Hi, Andreas Tille wrote:

>   1. How to change the postgresql configuration in a way which just
>      adds minimum off additional rights?

I'd say "don't". The user should be able to set up a new postgresql user
by themselves, or maybe they'd like to reuse an existing account, or maybe
they want to use their own account creation script.

You might want to offer a "re-enter and retry" step if the setup fails
(misspelled password?).

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de
"As nations improve, so do their gods."