Re: Debian conference in the US?

Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> writes:

> I don't assume that everyone agrees, just the 49.X% that voted for him.

This figure is not as meaningful as it might seem; we still use a
non-preferential voting system, in which votes for non-mainstream
candidates are effectively wasted. :-/

> The most amusing thing was that no USian even bothered to ask me
> whether I am implementing such a boycot myself, they just made their
> assumptions and jumped into the flame-war.

Toward the beginning of the thread, I specifically asked who would
actually be unwilling to show up, as opposed to merely knowing other
developers with that stance.

Finger amu@monk.mit.edu (NOT a valid e-mail address) for more info.