Problems linking to libdb3++

Hi,

I'm about to sponsor a program which uses libdb3++.  I have to admit that
I do not know anything about libdb3 and just try to foreward a problem which
occures only on my box - not at the box from the maintainer.  I just reduced
the problem to a minimum.  The configure script generated a C++ file which looks
like this:

   #include <db_cxx.h>

   int
   main ()
   {
   int major, minor, patch_level; DbEnv::version(&major, &minor, &patch_level);
     ;
     return 0;
   }

This is compiled with the command

   g++ -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.cc -ldb3_cxx

The output on my side is:

   In file included from /usr/include/c++/3.3/backward/iostream.h:31,
                    from /usr/include/db_cxx.h:52,
                    from configure:2975:
   /usr/include/c++/3.3/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2: Warnung: #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header. Please consider using one of the 32 headers found in section 17.4.1.2 of the C++ standard. Examples include substituting the <X> header for the <X.h> header for C++ includes, or <sstream> instead of the deprecated header <strstream.h>. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated.

I wanted to show this here to ask for opinions whether this is a bug in the
libdb3++-dev header files.  I regard it not to be related to the problem but
I think we should fix this anyway.  Should I file a wishlist bug report here?

So I continue with the real problem which is better visible with the command line
switch mentioned above:

  ~> g++ -Wno-deprecated -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.cc -ldb3_cxx
  g++ -Wno-deprecated -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.cc -ldb3_cxx
  /tmp/cc1tyWas.o(.text+0x17): In function `main':
  /tmp/conftest.cc:6: undefined reference to `DbEnv::version(int*, int*, int*)'
  collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

As I sais I have no idea what might went wrong here.  I tried this with g++-2.95,
g++-3.2 and g++-3.3 und er testing and unstable systems.  I always got this strange
message and I hope anybody could give me a hint which might solve the trouble.

Kind regards

         Andreas.