Re: alioth.debian.org down

Josip Rodin (2003-05-20 23:21:02 +0200) :

> On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 08:06:17PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
[...]
>> No because alioth has its own DNS delegation (in order to manage
>> <myproject>.alioth.debian.org).
>
> But why doesn't it have any slaves?

That's a good question.  The Sourceforge and Gforge packages include
code to maintain a Bind zone file that includes the appropriate
entries.  There are two modes ow functioning: simplified mode (one
wildcard entry), and realistic (one entry for each needed host, no
more).  Simplified mode allows the wildcard to be set up in the parent
zone, realistic mode requires a zone delegation.  In any case, nothing
prevents the use of secondary servers, slaves, replication, call them
what you like.

  In other words: no really good answer for your question.  I'm afraid
the best I can offer is "It doesn't have any slave yet.", but since I
can't take the appropriate actions to make these slaves happen, that
won't be of much help to you.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Luck, like a Russian car, generally only works if you push it.
  -- Regalian, in My Hero (Tom Holt)