Re: conflicts-based solution (was Re: security in testing)

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 10:40:25AM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> An upload to testing-proposed-updates is not the same as an upload to
> testing-security, AFAIK (different upload queue, different machinery).
> But it was my understanding that both were in working order, they just
> aren't used -- and no one in a position to do so seems enthusiastic
> about taking on the work of vetting uploads to either queue.

The testing-p-u queue is vetted by the testing scripts (which
check for dependency breakage), and by entries in the files in
auric:/org/ftp.debian.org/testing/tpu-approved/. Any developer can easily
be put "in a position to do so" with a fair amount of ease. If someone
would like to volunteer whose not in with the security team, or a release
assistant, please talk to herr DPL about doing so, rather than me.

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''