Re: Do not touch l10n files (was Re: DDTP issue)

Em Tue, 13 May 2003 06:57:45 +0200 (CEST), Fabio Massimo Di Nitto
<fabbione@fabbione.net> escreveu:

> > Now Apache maintainers are telling us that they chose another layout
> > and we are bound to it.
>
> Yes because the official maintainer is responsable for the description of
> a package. Including the layout and this was told already in the same
> message above.

This is the same as telling me I should translate 'yellow submarine' to
'amarelo submarino', when the right thing in pt_BR is 'submarino amarelo'.

Why do you bother with the layout of the translation? The translators are
the authorities when it comes to their languages. I think we should not
be put in a jail and be unable to decide how we think our users should
see the message.

Let's make it clear: we translate stuff to make it more readable to
our fellow compatriots, making the translation look bad to our users
does not help achieving the goal.

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>