Re: security in testing

Hi,

Sven Luther wrote:
> You again forget that debian is not x86 only, or do you expect Matthias
> to have access to machines of all the supported arches ?

Right.

Besides, I don't want to do this on my own, I want to do this as part of
Debian. I don't yet know enough about the setup of testing-proposed-updates
and the whole build structure in general to see clearly what needs to be done
to automate the process, or indeed whether the people responsible for it
would be OK with enhancing that along the lines of my proposal; my impression
is that t-p-o is mostly processed manually at the moment, like
stable-proposed-updates is, and it's under-used (t-p-o/main has a whopping
TWO source packages). That may be a chicken-and-egg problem.

In other words, I don't want to reinvent any wheels -- I want to help make the
existing wheels run more smoothly.

Anyway, I plan to start learning how to do this by setting up an autobuilder
for m68k (the machine which replaces my broken IIfx (you have no idea how
corrosive a run-down-and-leaking battery is -- I'll put some pics on my
homepage later today :-/ ) should arrive tomorrow.) and proceed from there.

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de
I've been WRITING to SOPHIA LOREN every 45 MINUTES since JANUARY 1ST!!