Re: Do not touch l10n files

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 02:02:27PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
[...]
> 	This is no different from code: if I maintian software, and I
>  may not understand all the complexities of the package in question,
>  but when I think I discover a problem, I send a notice to the
>  upistream (coder, translator), and, if I am not fluenbt in the
>  language, I ask someone to help (who may not be the upstream
>  code/translator).
>
> 	I then add a local patch correcting the issue until the matter
>  is resolved upstream.
>
> 	This is a far cry from ``Do not touch l10n files''.

Hey, this was the subject, I had to get it short.  My original post
contained the following paragraph:
  So I would like to ask developers not to edit l10n files (templates,
  PO files, etc) themselves; if you believe that something goes wrong,
  notify the translator or his translation team (or any other trusted
  person).  If you disagree, think twice before applying your changes,
  you are certainly wrong.

According to replies, this opinion is not shared by all developers.

Denis