Re: Do not touch l10n files (was Re: DDTP issue)

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 12:25:24PM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> > The translation team. Any other scheme is flawed and tends to problems
> > (people doing the same work will collide, it has happened in the past with
> > translations and will happen in the future if the maintainer, and not the
> > translation teams ,is still the one merging changes)
>
> The translation team will not get anything from BTS anyway... so i don't
> see how this can work. the DD will be always the interface in this case.
> user -> BTS -> DD -> translation team

That's why might need a 'translation' tag so that translation teams can
subscribe to the PTS for packages they translate and receive the
'translation' bugs directly.

Currently, however, the DD does not always have to be the interface, that's
what the PTS is for.
user -> BTS -> DD

            .-> translation team

But having a 'translation' tag makes it easier to handle.

> > > That's why i was asking information to grisu in the beginning for which is
> > > the proper procedure. Only a nice flamewar was born out of it.
> >
> > Grisu is _not_ the translation team coordinator for French. Denis is.
> > Grisu manages the DDTP but that does not mean he gets a decision on how a
> > translation should be made.
>
> I did ask for a procedure. not to solve the problem from us. There is a
> difference.

Then you should have asked in debian-i18n, not to the translation team. In
my opinion things that happened (like people starting to talk in french and
not Cc'ing you) were related to using the translation team address and not
the -i18n one.

> If this was the only point in the entire discussion, sure i can leave it
> out and we can stop discussing here.

It's not the only point, but, as the thread at -l10n-french (and the one at
-devel) show you think it's a layout issue whileas the french team thinks
it's a typographical issue.

Friendly,

Javi

PS: My (english) typos are not premeditated, I just type too fast and don't
red over what I send when time/work is pressing...