Re: Do not touch l10n files (was Re: DDTP issue)

First of all, it seems to me that the French translation is clearly
correctly formatted, for French. Nice to learn about how list layout
works in French. However --

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> > > The official maintainer is in _no_ way responsible for the _translated_
> > > description of a package. Please, let translation teams do their work
> > > without interfeering.
> >
> > When DDTP will be integrate 100% in the system who will receive bugs on
> > descriptions? you or the dd?
>
> The translation team. Any other scheme is flawed and tends to problems
> (people doing the same work will collide, it has happened in the past with
> translations and will happen in the future if the maintainer, and not the
> translation teams ,is still the one merging changes)

Conversly, I think that as long as the translation teams keep on working
off in their own little corner with no control given to the package
maintainer, the kind of dispute illistrated by this thread will keep
happening, and will become more and more common. This is exactly why I
have and continue to urge the people behind the DDTP to let the
maintainers of packages have oversight over their translations. The
DDTP needs to engage the maintainers of packages, provide them tools
to work with the translations, and stop trying to invent translation
distribution systems that are independant from how the rest of debian
works.

And your concerns about collisions are really nicely addressed already
by any of the several fine revision control systems in Debian, amoung
other methods.

--
see shy jo