Re: Do not touch l10n files (was Re: DDTP issue)

On Tue, 13 May 2003, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:

> I won't discuss that. It probably was not nice switching to other language
> but Denis was, in my point of view, asking the rest of the team (which
> might not be fluent in english)

Let's stop any discussion that is not focused on the origianl question.

> > When DDTP will be integrate 100% in the system who will receive bugs on
> > descriptions? you or the dd?
>
> The translation team. Any other scheme is flawed and tends to problems
> (people doing the same work will collide, it has happened in the past with
> translations and will happen in the future if the maintainer, and not the
> translation teams ,is still the one merging changes)

The translation team will not get anything from BTS anyway... so i don't
see how this can work. the DD will be always the interface in this case.
user -> BTS -> DD -> translation team

> > > First, thanks to Denis work, projects like DDTP are possible. Without his
> > > po-debconf half of the DDTP would be unmanagable. Please take time to know
> > > who you are you talking with.
> >
> > Still again I did so... but people were to busy taking up a flamewar...
> > read my other posts please before saying so.
>
> I read the thread you pointed. I also read your answer (the "you are not
> working on the DDP").

My thanks went to the entire DDTP community because i appreciate their
work and i still do so.

> > That's why i was asking information to grisu in the beginning for which is
> > the proper procedure. Only a nice flamewar was born out of it.
>
> Grisu is _not_ the translation team coordinator for French. Denis is.
> Grisu manages the DDTP but that does not mean he gets a decision on how a
> translation should be made.

I did ask for a procedure. not to solve the problem from us. There is a
difference.

> > And is this a reason to start a flamewar because i was asking information?
>
> You also help it becomse so, by being stubborn and not accepting Denis
> point of view.

I probably helped since asking something nicely didn't help much and
ansering back in a more formal way either.

> > > Saying otherwise is like saying that I have to keep, in Spanish, the same
> > > sentences as constructed in English when, frequently, a sentence in Spanish
> > > is longer than in English and I can group information in the translation.
> >
> > Changing words and senteces does not necessary means changing layout.
>
> Could you please leave the layout-thingy?

If this was the only point in the entire discussion, sure i can leave it
out and we can stop discussing here.

Fabio

--
Our mission: make IPv6 the default IP protocol
"We are on a mission from God" - Elwood Blues

http://www.itojun.org/paper/itojun-nanog-200210-ipv6isp/mgp00004.html