Re: HylaFax

* Brian May (bam@debian.org) [030504 03:05]:
> On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 10:50:21AM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > * Brian May (bam@debian.org) [030503 09:35]:
> > > Somebody suggested I try hylafax instead of mgetty-fax, I think I will
> > > stay with mgetty-fax for now...

> > What's the problem with mgetty-fax?

> Well, yes, it works...
>
> It does have some problems though, eg. spooling of outgoing faxes in
> secure manner by multile users has not been thought out properly at all.

That's solved with mgetty-1.1.30 (as soon as it works, I expect it
next week in unstable).

> Also, try explaining to a non-hacker type computer user how to send a
> Microsoft Word document as a fax to a remote user...

Certainly a wishlist item.

> There are also some parts which could really do with more polish.

I'm trying to do them just now. If you have suggestions, please send
them to me or as wishlist items in the BTS.

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/
   Fachbegriffe des Schienenverkehrs #1         von Marc Haber in dasr