Re: HylaFax

On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 10:50:21AM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Brian May (bam@debian.org) [030503 09:35]:
> > Somebody suggested I try hylafax instead of mgetty-fax, I think I will
> > stay with mgetty-fax for now...
>
> What's the problem with mgetty-fax?

Well, yes, it works...

It does have some problems though, eg. spooling of outgoing faxes in
secure manner by multile users has not been thought out properly at all.

Also, try explaining to a non-hacker type computer user how to send a
Microsoft Word document as a fax to a remote user...

I have heard that Hylafax has a Windows client available. (I am not sure
if this just gives the ability to send faxes or if it also lets you view
received faxes though).

There are also some parts which could really do with more polish.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>