Re: Non-free mrouted

On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 10:22:21PM +0800, Isaac To wrote:
>     mrouted> At the time LICENSEE provides a copy of a derivative version of
>     mrouted> the Program to a third party, LICENSEE shall provide STANFORD
>     mrouted> with one copy of the source code of the derivative version at
>     mrouted> no charge to STANFORD.
>
> But I think a software package can be termed as non-free in Debian only if
> it violate some particular clause of DFSG.

While the DFSG is generic enough to be applicable to mostly anything,
the above is not correct. Please see section 2.1.4 "The non-free section"
of the Debian Policy Manual for conditions software has to meet to be
accepted in the non-free section.

> What I want to know is which clause of the mrouted license violate DFSG,
> and which particular clause of DFSG.

The one Richard pasted violates at least the fifth clause, "No
Discrimination Against Persons or Groups", for reasons explained his
message. There could be more, but one is enough.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.