Re: Backporting a package from unstable to stable

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 10:41:13PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> To answer the question, the answer is 'no, not always'.
>
> You need some try-and-error, and usually backporting one package
> requires backporting of another. However, many people do it due to
> their needs.
>
> The biggest stumbling block is probably debhelper; if you could ignore
> that, things would be pretty straightforward (in most cases).

This is what I've discovered. I took the Snort (2.0.0-2)  source package,
modified the build dependencies to match the appropriate package versions
that were in stable, and build a new source package and then ran pbuilder
over it.

It built fine, but when I installed it, all the debconf dialog boxes came
up without any messages.

Andrew