Re: aag - wrapper for apt-get with support for recommend and suggests field

Am Die, 2003-04-29 um 13.08 schrieb David Nusinow:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 06:13:38AM +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > i have written a small wrapper for apt-get that makes it possible to
> > install all recommended and/or suggested Packages for a Package too.
> > A simple Call of: aag -rs <package> would install all recommended and
> > suggested Packages for <package>. The Code isn't very nice, but it works
> > fine for me. I other people are interested in using this wrapper I would
> > clean the code up and insert some features. Just take a look at:
> > http://www.formorer.de/code/aag/aag
> > Its just a small Perlscript with getopts and pod2usage as dependencys.
> >
> > I would be pleased to hear some comments from you.
>
> Why not just use aptitude?[1]
Its interactive, I don't want to launch a GUI if I want so simple add a
package. Additionally it seams that aptitude is currently broken in Sid.
So this are two good reasons for me.

formorer
--
Alexander "formorer" Wirt       KeyID: BC7D020A
EMail: formorer@formorer.de     ICQ: 28651245