Re: /run and read-only /etc

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 11:35:58PM +0200, Thomas Hood wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 18:30, kcr@debian.org wrote:
> > It would also be nice to have some blessing of /run in the policy first,
> > but that doesn't seem terribly likely.
>
> What is more important for now is whether there is broad enough
> agreement with the reasoning behind /run/.

	I strongly support the /run initiative.  If people actually
change over to /run, then it means there will be less resistance to the
/var and /com split, which will make /run redundant.

	Of course, I believe many developers were quite incessed the
last time a /var and /com discussion came up, so we really shouldn't
take it into a flame war.

Simon