Re: i386 compatibility & libstdc++

Guido Guenther wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 09:05:50PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> > I agree, the vast majority of our users can afford newer machines. So, I
> > think we should drop m68k, mips and other similar unfashionable old
> > archs, don't you think? The majority of our users will be happy...
> I'm not sure where the misconception of mips being an "old" arch comes
> from. Just look at the au1500 or the R1x000 CPUs. What are criteria for
> an architecture being "old" and "unfashionable"?

Being unknown by the writer?

There are still people out there who believe that x86 is the only (true)
architecture.  *sigh*  It's just the cheapest crap one can get, and it's
only cheap because of it's quantity and marketing (read windoze), not
because of its quality.

If nothing changes, everything will remain the same.  -- Barne's Law