Re: Debian for x86-64 (AMD Opteron)

> This won't work, because you can't mix 32 and 64 bits code or libraries.
>
> I think the appropriate solution is to make it a completely new arch,
> with 32 bits compatibility libraries (at least glibc and xlibs) allowing
> to run 32 bits proprietary software.

I find that this might be better, than using /lib64, for 64-bit
mode libraries, because we need to modify almost everything that
uses dlopen, right ?

I am assuming that dlopen calls need to be modified to look for
/usr/lib64 rather than /usr/lib on 64-bit architectures running
64-bit applications.

This sounds like a rather drastic change.

regards,
	junichi