Re: anti-spam trick for debian ml (was Re: News about the Package Tracking System)

On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 12:39:28PM -0600, Jack Moffitt wrote:

> We haven't seen this problem on the vorbis lists.  We do occasionally
> get people who quote the entire reply from TMDA when authorizing
> themselves, but even so, it's better than a lot of spam and certainly
> better than closing the lists.

How well does TMDA works when a user using TMDA sends a mail to a mailing list
which he/she has not added to the TMDA whitelist?

Does the bounce from Debian TMDA bounce on the users TMDA requestion the PTS
to authenticate the sending for the user to receive the mail the PTS bounced?

I think you get the idea of the problem. Does it happen?

mooch

--
Jesus Climent | Unix SysAdm | Helsinki, Finland | pumuki.hispalinux.es
GPG: 1024D/86946D69 BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69

Three hundred men's lives I have walked this earth and now I have no time.
		--Galdalf the White (The Two Towers)