Re: Don't remove Reiserfstools (Re: plagiarism of reiserfs by Debian)

Did you start a new thread on purpose? If not: please use a sensible mail
program. Also, please use proper attribution lines when replying to mail.

On Tuesday 22 April 2003 08:31, Jarno Elonen wrote:

> Just because one small feature of a magnificent piece of software is
> slightly annoying, doesn't justify removing it from the repository. That
> would take a severe license problem and even then I would recommend moving
> it to non-free if the problem doesn't make the package strictly illegal.

I think Debian should try to promote Free Software, and personally, I think
the DFSG are quite a good definition. I also think that Debian should respect
the wishes of the upstream developers. In this case it looks like the
upstream developer doesn't want Debian to distribute his Software.

(NOTICE: IANADD and all this)

cheers
-- vbi

--