Re: md5 checksums

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 09:05:58AM +0200, Javier Fern?ndez-Sanguino Pe?a wrote:

> It doesn't tackle the issue of dpkg _not_ storing filesystem permissions.
> This makes it not feasible to easily recover the system after a 'chmod -R
> go-rwx /' besides reinstalling all the packages (that's why I pointed to
> #187019)

  One of the things the standalone checksecurity package was going to do
 was maintain a `database` of file modes, permissions, and their
 checksums.

  Sadly this hasn't happened yet, but if it does get split away from the
 cron package then I would be happy to implement all the required
 features.

Steve
---