Re: libc6 (security) update does not restart system-services?

GOTO Masanori wrote:
> Well, it's hard to display package name.  However
>
>     lsof | grep dpkg-new | awk '{print $1, $8}' | sort +0
>
> make a list which describes what binary uses old libraries replaced by
> dpkg.  To show more user friendly, it needs to remember that what
> library files are replaced, though.

I think I see where you are going.  Something like this for libc?

  lsof | awk '$9 ~ /^\/lib\/libc-.*.so/{print$1, $9}'

And then warn the admin with a notice about those running programs?

But there are usually quite a few of them bound to libc.  Of the
difficult ones to restart automatically almost certainly every user
shell and every ssh session would be attached.  Those would need to be
killed which cannot be done automatically.

Bob