Re: Proposed handling of generated configuration files (Re: stop the "manage with debconf" madness)

 > On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 02:45:32AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
 >> Hmm. ucf does show the user the changes, and even offers to merge
 >> maintainer changes into the current configuration file.
 >>
 >> What functionality do you think ucf is missing?

 > In my first message, I listed bullet points for goals, most of
 > which ucf meets, and then outlined the problems with this model,
 > and linked to previous threads discussing them in detail.

 > http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200304/msg01320.html

	From my reading of that message, about the only thing that is
 missing is using debconf to ask the questions. Have I missed
 anything? (I must confess I only skimmed the first few layers of the
 message tree you pointed to as references; from my memory of those
 discussions, there was little new, and the consensus seemed to have
 been reached for post-inst prompting).

	Using debconf is on the TODO list for ucf, and perhaps a
 rewrite of the current prototype in C for speed later down the line.

	manoj
--
Smear the road with a runner!!