Re: Proposed handling of generated configuration files (Re: stop the "manage with debconf" madness)

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 09:41:58PM +0200, Tore Anderson wrote:

>   Hey, you just described how how ucf can be used.

I am aware of ucf.  I described some things that ucf does, and some things
that it does not.

>   Lo and behold!  We've just achieved your goals, using tools already in
>   the archive!

Not exactly.

>   Exactly what you wanted, yes?

Did you read my sample configuration scenario (xserver-xfree86), or the
threads that I referenced?  They explain in more detail.

--
 - mdz