Re: stop abusing debconf already

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 16:47:26 -0500, Steve Langasek
<vorlon@netexpress.net> wrote:
>Um, no.  *Policy* says that it may not be used as a registry.

This has always prompted me to ask myself _why_ debconf entries are
persistent then. If I _really_ have to parse config files in my config
script to properly seed debconf to ask the right questions, then why
does debconf have a database in the first place?

Greetings
Marc