Re: Stupid use of debconf award

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 02:13:32PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Maybe it should be recalled to everyone that debconf is not a place for
> asking users a bunch of stupid crap (how many % of our users know what
> is SNMP ?), but a place to configure the few things that cannot be
> autodected. Thank you.

I am not even sure what is meant when it asks for my domain name.

It is asking for "snoopy.apana.org.au", "apana.org.au" or
".apana.org.au"?

To me, the first line "What is your domain?" implies "apana.org.au",
but the next line "Please enter the domain name for your host." implies
"snoopy.apana.org.au" (simply because the domain name isn't attached to
any particular host).

If I can't work it out, what chance does a new user have?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>