Re: W3C recommendations

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 07:44:35PM -0500, Thomas Bliesener arranged a set of bits into the following:
> Almost the whole Debian website meets the HTML standards except some
> online documentation which seems to be a problem of debiandoc2html
> (#188117).
>
> In a quick survey I found more packages which generate code which
> doesn't pass the check on http://validator.w3.org:
>
> gallery
> latex2hmtl
> netsaint
> squid
> squirrelmail
> texi2html
> twiki
> usemod-wiki
> viewcvs
Those are real bugs. How bad the result is defines the severity. So long
as a web browser in debian renders is OK it's not RC.

> or whose HTML documentation isn't valid according to the validator:
>
> cvsbook
> gnupg-doc
> icewm-common
> imagemagick
> impress
> mozilla-browser
> mrtg
> mysql-doc
> netsaint
> sambadoc
> xfree86-common
wishlist

> or which consist in invalid HTML:
>
> lg-base
> lg-issue*
If it just doesn't include a doctype then it's probably older then HTML
4 and we shouldn't be concirned with it.