Re: curl, testing and gcc-3.2 (?) (was Re: Debian curl package depends on gcc-3.2?)

Colin Watson wrote:
> No, that's not what shlibdeps do either. See:
>
>   http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-sharedlibs.html#s-sharedlibs-shlibdeps

Lovely, so it's simply the other way around (as Adam Conrad said already).
Thanks.

However, it still means packages get bogus dependencies that keep them out
of testing. Even if the package in question was already accepted in stable.

Let me be blunt and ask: Is this a "we don't care, go away" issue or why is
this so difficult to discuss? If it was a frequently asked (and answered)
question, I would expect a ton of list archive links to have been dumped on
me by now. I have no qualms about squeezing blood from stone, but it doesn't
exactly speed the discussion nor minimize my annoying questions.

--
Björn