Re: /usr/{share/man,bin} vs /usr/X11R6/{man,bin} (policy 12.8.7)

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 08:58:40PM -0400, Daniel Martin wrote:
> "John H. Robinson, IV" <jaqque@debian.org> writes:
> > all the footnote says is that imake Does The Right Thing, which is why
> > it is exempted.
>
> See, now I read it as "imake doesn't quite do the right thing, really,
> but it's imake, so we'll let it slide - fixing it everywhere is
> officially deemed not worth the hassle"

I read it as:

  "imake doesn't quite do the right thing at the moment, but we're not
  going to require ourselves to bother going around fixing every
  individual instance of it right now. Instead, at some point in the
  future we may just make imake install into /usr rather than /usr/X11R6
  and everything will move automatically."

At least, that's my recollection of the discussion surrounding that
exception. I'm sure you could find it in the debian-policy archives.