Re: Stupid use of debconf award

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 07:15:13PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> > Should we have a review of all debconf questions on debian-qa perhaps?
> > Anyone interested?
>
> That would be interesting.
> Translating some debconf entries, some look too difficult.
> I guess many people are looking at debconf questions while translating,
> but aren't very expressive about it.

I have seen a few questions during installation of packages, thought how
bad the grammar was, and forgotten to file bug reports. Must go back and
fix that.

So my complaints list about debconf questions is:
1. Bad grammar or spelling (in the English templates);
2. Questions/notes that assume too much background knowledge; and
3. Questions/notes which are just too trivial to waste time with.

I suppose #3 is the most subjective. Can anyone add to this list?

Hamish